- its a mini scrapbook done over the month of december (usually from 1st-25th) which captures the moments of this festive season by documenting a story a day.
My kids just love pulling out the chrismtas decoration box and finding my DD then flicking back over them, i often here 'oh I remember that'.
So for me, there's two things to doing a December Daily Album
1. set up foundation pages
- these are blank pages which will make up your DD book
2. record a story for each day of December
- these can be: the same size, different sizes, same paper, patterned paper, textured paper etc…
- i usually have 25 foundation pages – one for each day of December (up until the 25th ) and I like to put
the date or day number on each page. These pages can be as simple or as decorated with
embellishments as you like.
- below is a few of my foundation pages from my 2012 album (on the left) and 2015 (on the right) just to give you a bit of an idea
- your foundation pages can really be anything you want, they are there as a starting point for you to add your daily story to. I sort of use these 'foundation pages' as dividers for each day in my album.
*here's a handy little tip: set up your foundation pages in November, that way come the 1st December you are ready to start your album.
- you can tie your pages all together however you like: with a binder/album ring, ribbon, some people use ready made albums and others use ordinary photo albums. here are a few examples of what i've used: from wrapped cardboard to some kaistercraft albums.
- with your foundation pages done, all you have to do now is record a story from the day.
-the options here are endless, literally: from a special moment or event, a sunset, the christmas tree, a bill, a newspaper article, your coffee cup, the weather....literally ANYTHING.
-you can record your story as photos, journalling on photos, just journalling or the actual element itself (eg. a receipt, article, recipe etc.)
-here is an example of how i documented 21/12/2012, a photo and journalling on the photo.
story onto the foundation pages themselves, onto the backs of them, or on a completely different page.
- i love to decorate my albums with stamps, printables, quotes, washi tape etc... for free christmas
printables from my pinterest board click here.
-for all my december daily albums and pages, click here.